Saturday, March 14, 2009

Temple

Yesterday after school I picked up our confirmation students and we drove to Duluth to visit Temple Israel for our Religions of the World unit. It was a really great expereince. I have gone several times before but yesterday Rabbi Amy's message was about love and she did an outstanding job - even the youth were talking about it on the way home! Her main point was that love in biblical terms is an action, not an emotion or feeling - so we as a people need to act in love. She even brought in several examples of Jesus, which I thought was amazingly effective as she had a large crowd of Christians present and here her point was how we act as one group of people living for the same purpose, to love God. I was very impressed.
Then our group went to the Olive Garden and the waiter and I were having a great time and doing quite a bit of flirting, which of course, the kids thoughts was great. We all laughed so hard and really enjoyed our time together. We got back to Grand Rapids at midnight and I must say, it was a really great trip and I'm excited that all of them are looking foward to their Statement of Faith writing retreat at Presbyterian Clearwater Forest in May.

1 comment:

J said...

Kim, I've read the last couple of days worth of your blogs and what strikes me is your..."awareness" of the bigger picture. Its like I can see you sifting through all that is happening on whatever day it may be and finding truth and looking for God and experiencing His love and grace and then giving out as well. At least this is the sense I get by reading the past week or so of your blogs. Just thought I'd share. As usual God is speaking through you to me. Go God!!! Love ya. Peace.