Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Go Ahead and Laugh

Okay, I know your going to laugh at me... but as I was driving down a back roday today, I hit a bird! It was awful cause I it was tiny and sitting in the road and I didn't see it until I was about to go over it. And to make it all worse I heard it try to fly away and hit underneath my car. AND I looked back in the rearview mirror and there it was flopping on one side trying to move, but obviously not able. I felt/feel horrible. This is no joke, I really feel bad. Animals have a soft spot in my heart, they are so precious and so curious and so full of life and I can't stand the thought of "what do they feel or what do they think" when something happens to them. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but so be it.
It just has me thinking about the value of life and how we treat that value as a society. Not that its societies fault I ran over that bird, but in general, society could care less, animals and even humans suffer at the hands/actions of other living creatures. Maybe I should join an animal activist organization.. no it's not that I want to get involved with a movement its just that I wish all humans would start appreciate all of life and have a sense of feeling for all of life. Yikes, crazy soap-box today!

1 comment:

J said...

You got the crazy part right. :-)