Monday, March 2, 2009

Right Place, Right Time

So, it's funny because I have been struggling with interruptions lately - and then this weekend I read a devotional about seeing interruptions as notes from God or things God wants you to pay attention to. I pretty much decided that it didn't apply to the kind of interruptions I was frustrated with, and I am right for the most part. But as I left the office today I was set on going to the gym to workout and then home to cook dinner. Little did I know I wouldn't get that far on the time frame I had set in my mind.
I ran into a friend who really looked emotionally distraught and taking the time to pursure my instinct proved worthy. He was in the middle of dealing with a huge struggle in his life and we were able to stand there and talk for a long time. Not only did it strengthen our friendship, but it allowed a soul to talk and be heard - to yell and not be quieted - to cry and not be fought back or wiped away with fear of expressing sorrow - to opened itself up and not be rejected.
It was a God moment for me today. He was the one with the problem, but I was the one enlightened. Sometimes we do need to take the time to allow interruptions in our lives. Sure, it's easier when its someone we care about - but we know our instincts, we know when someone needs a friend.. and today was a reminder to me that I need to listen to my instincts and respond even when I have my own agenda I want to keep. When its a friend and when its an annoyance, because just like friends, annoyances have struggles too.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hey Kim! You might want to check your settings on your blog. It says your last couple of posts were published on Friday February 27th even though I'm pretty sure that's not true.