Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Catch-Up

It never fails. I go away for a week of Continuing Ed & Relaxation and I come back to millions of things to do, sermons and bulletins to catch up on, and a funeral. It never fails! So, I'm struggling right now to get it all done - and to keep up with my excersice program - and get enough sleep. It almost feels impossible this week, but all I can do is keep trucking along. I got really sick yesterday, a bad headache and a fever but I kept working through it because I had to. Today I feel better but in the back of my mind is sleep and the need to slow down because I know myself well enough to know that I get sick when I don't get enough rest. So, in these days before Easter, when there is so much to do and not enough time to do it, I wonder what life would be life if I had family at home? When my cat only sees me as I crawl in and out of bed at night and in the morning, what would it be like if I had a child or a husband? It just all makes me wonder and its funny the timing of it all as I have been thinking a lot about that (a family) lately.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Interesting thoughts today Kim. When I see how busy my priest is I often wonder what it is like for other faiths who allow thier pastors to marry. Sometimes even though I know my workload is nothing compared to yours I wonder how I would do it with a child. I will not lie, it has been a challenge to my marriage. I'll be interested in hearing your continued thoughts on this issue

J said...

To paraphrase Eugine Petterson, "God give the gift of the single life to some and the gift of married life to others." (I Cor. 7ish)