Monday, March 9, 2009

Interesting Confession

Today was a major catch up day and I had a goal and a plan and didn't answer any phones so I could stick to it. It worked, but now comes the editing. Anyway, I had an interesting conversation with a friend today. We were talking about some possible future plans for work and expectations, etc. He looked me right in the eyes and said, "I just want you to know that I am very capable of disappointing you." That was extremely profound to me. It wasn't the sort of of "Oh, I might fail at this so have pity on me when it happens," but more of a "I'm going to do my best and I know you are counting on me and think I will do great, but just know I may not meet your expectations." It was sincere and so honest. Not only could he admit that in himself but he also cared enough to make sure I understood it. Some people so amaze me and they are always the ones who don't seem to think they are doing any good in the world and make much of a good character for the kingdom.

No comments: