Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Aftermath

Well, I had high hopes of writing on a daily basis throughout Christmas, and obviously, that did not happen. I must say, this has seriously been the best Christmas so far! I have been with family, friends, and I have been discovering things about myself and my future that I had hoped to discover. I have new diretion, I know where I will be for the next few years and I am completely happy about it.
I am spening this week at my parents home, taking care of my one-year-old nephew and just having fun doing random things like playing wii, one day road trips, and just about anything that comes up and seems interesting for the time being. It is so good to relax.

Oh.. the discovery about myself stuff.. well, an active member of my congregation died a few days after Christmas and since I am on vacation a (favorite) colleague of mine responded to the call. The next day I was so excited to attend the church I grew up in and worship as a normal person, but all that was on my mind was my congregation and the fact that they were just hearing the news of this death. I went back and forth with the idea that I should go home for a few days and take care of all this... but God spoke to me... how scary is that? I realized that I needed to be where I was, I needed to be practicing renewal. My congregation was in good hands and they would be fine without me. What if I had been farther away? What if I went and then every other time I am ever away, an unrealistic expectation has been set? The realization was - they can be cared for by people other than me. I need to rest, I need to renew my spirit, and I need to trust God to take care of everything in my absence... after all, isn't it God that takes care of everything anway - even when I am there? Renewal is necessary in order to continue to allow God to work in my midst.

No comments: