Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Night TV

Okay, I must admit: Monday night is my beloved line up of reality tv. TLC actually. It all starts with Little People, Big World, followed by some Jon & Kate Plus Eight, and often concluded with some show about families with a dozen kids. I'm addicted, I can't help it.
Tonight on Jon & Kate Plus Eight they visited St. Jude's Hospital in Memphis to bring gifts to kids who are fighting cancer. It was amazing to hear the families of the sick kids speak - one mother said, as her very sick child slept in her arms, "we actually consider ourselves very blest - because we know the truth about life and how we are supposed to live it - enjoying every minute for what it is." How profound, how true, and how often we who are healthy forget. Truly, I believe we take advantage of so much in this world, and by doing so, we miss so many opportunity to see what truth is.

No comments: