Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sick Day, Dad Day

So I was literally in bed all day - I felt awful and slept a lot. I also did a lot of thinking, and now I am starting to feel better. Anyway, my dad drove up today to bring me some things I need for parties at Sams. We had originally planned to meet up for lunch with some church members who have befriended my dad, but with me being so sick, I told him to go, and I stayed home to sleep. After lunch my dad picked a few things (drugs, OJ and chicken noodle) up at the store for me and then he needed to head back home. So, really we only spent about ten minutes together.
It was really sweet because when he got home he called and said he felt really bad we hardly got to talk. I told him I knew those people really wanted to see him and all I did was sleep anyway. My dad responded with, "Well, your more important and I left you all by yourself!" Seriously, I was very okay with him going to lunch without me, but it meant a lot to me to know it bothered my dad. It doesn't matter how old I get, I am continually learning from my dad. His spirituality is one who you really have to listen and watch to understand, its not something he talks about openly - but rather one he lives - and I truly admire that. I love my dad, even when I am utterly frustrated with him, its days like today I see who he really is and I love him that much more.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I barely know your dad and I love him! The coupld times I met him and your mom they were so welcoming. I felt like I was part of your family. Hope you are feeling better soon!