Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Days

Well, it's official... snow days are not as exciting as they were fifteen-twenty years ago! We had a huge blizzard today and all our church activites were cancelled (we did have worship this morning, but that was it). As the day progressed, they announced school being cancelled tomorrow - and I could hear the girls next door squeling with excitement... I remember those days.
It was still fun to be stuck inside all day... I built a fire, watched Christmas movies (even my favorite Prancer,) and knit. And tomorrow will be a slow start as both the secretary and I will focus on shovelling ourselves out before worrying about showing up at the office. But I need to be up bright and early to be at Target to see if the truck brought any more wii's. A certain someone in my life is getting one from my brother and I... that is, if we can get one.
So today was relaxing and tomorrow will be slow paced, but I hope to accomplish a great deal in my office - I guess it's a good thing I can put on my boots and walk across the back yard to work.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I hear ya! Last week all the schools were closed around here. There wasn't any church activities I was in charge of so I didn't even get to cancel anything. I just put on my snow pants and good winter boots and trecked to work with my head bowed against the wind! It was a quiet day at the office!