Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kind of Bummed

I used to tell myself I shouldn't write when I am in a low mood, kind of bummed - but then I wonder why because sometimes that's my best writing. Anyway, I don't have any huge reason to be sad tonight, I just am. I woke up at 3:30 this morning to travel to St.Paul for JRLC'S Day on the Hill. It was a bittersweet experience this year. I always enjoy talking to legislators about justice issues.. but this year there was an hour where we met with several reps, not just our own, and man, was that draining! They were so hopeless! Kind of like "well, the economy sucks right now and MN is going to take some major hits because of our terrible Governor, so brace yourself!" There was no pep from these reps, no attitude of "we can take them." I thought, well, this is real assuring - we can go back and tell the poor their is no hope so we might as well give up the fight. So much for the bill to end Poverty buy 2020! But then when we met individually with the Grand Rapids rep and senator, we saw a much better attitude. They sure don't like the Governor, but they at least see hope if we keep working on plans, etc. I felt much better but then I got a terribke headache and the rest of the day was just shot.
And I'm beating myself up over a terrible week on Weight Watchers. I know I will get right back on it, but I'm just mad at myself and nothing is going to make me feel better until next week when I take it seriously again. Some days/weeks are just negatives and its plain hard to get back on the band wagon. Especially when you keep getting headaches and chocolate is one of the only cures!!
Well, tomorrow I need to write a sermon based on Isaiah 40 which in a nutshell is a call for hope in despair... I guess I have some good material to go on.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Don't beat yourself up about WW! Just jump back on the wagon! Funny, I was going to post a "kind of bummed" post today too but for totally different reasons. Sigh!