Monday, February 9, 2009

Time on a Frozen Lake

This week I am house/dog sitting for a family from my church. They have a beautiful home on beautiful Pokegama Lake. Every night I sit out on the deck in the hot tub, starring at the stars and gazing at the moon (really, I do gaze at the moon - it speaks to me!) Yesterday I strapped on some snow shoes and took the dogs on the lake for a nice brisk walk (they ran). I was going to do the same today, but we are having a bad ice storm and the wind is horrible, so I am staying inside. It's fun to be out here all by myself- it's like me, God, and the world... and of course, the two dogs. But I do a lot of thinking when I'm out of the city. Interesting how city like gets you so caught up in routine, so rushed to keep up with its fast paced mentality. And all you do is drive out into the woods about 20 miles and your free from it all. Amazing. I could honestly get used to this. But then, I wonder if I'd be lonely. I wonder if those days I crave action, I'd go nuts until I convinced myself to get int he car and drive into town. Has me thinking how we can be comfortable with our lives, yet a glimpse into something a little more calm and peaceful grabs our attention. I like my action packed, fast paced life. But I also like being able to stop, get away, and breathe the fresh air. It's amazing how the moon lights up the darkness... great metaphor for God's love.

No comments: