Friday, February 27, 2009

The Art of Saying "No"

I have really been looking forward to this weekend to have a little time of solitude. Yes, I have worried if I will get bored, having no plans, just spontaneious decisions (seriously, I never have free time in a chunk like this, so it's new for me), but I decided to go with it.
I still have another full day but I have already crossed several big items off my to-do-list. And when someone called and invited me to dinner - I was tempted - but said, "No, Thanks." It felt great to say it and not feel like I have to accept just because the offer is there. I need some alone time, I need to re-group and if I start to fill this time with accepting every offer - it will no longer be the alone time I know I need. Just to saty home tonight, a Friday of all times, is in itself art - a chance to see what colors are painted in the fabric of myself and the company of my home and cat. I am sure I will find plenty to do and in the morning I will wake refreshed from the quiet calm of my own personal sanctuary.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

On Friday I called in "sick" I really was sick on Wednesday and Thursday, shouldn't have been at work but had too much too do. I got all my "stuff" done on Thursday just in case I really was sick on Friday. When Friday came I thought, "Why go to work? I got it all done?" So I called in. I laid around ALL DAY! Izzy and I snuggled and watched stupid tv and I knitted. It was HEAVEN! Just what I needed! Hope your days of solitude went well!