Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Catch-Up

I haven't written in awhile, I am not sure why, because I have had plenty to talk about and enough time to do it, perhaps lazy?
I am overwhelmed by the support of my congregation. They voted to increase my salary, not call another pastor, and have me do all the pastoral responsibilities. (It's a time to test whether or not one person can do all the work, but I am honored that they want that one person to be me). I am truly am blessed to be doing God's ministry in this place - these people support me 100 percent and trust me to challenge and love them. And they have truly turned around, there have been some really rough spots in the last 4 years, but they have finally come together and agreed that they want to move on as Christs' disciples. They have pledged over a million dollars to a capital campaign, all while keeping their annual budget pledges up. Truly, I am happy in my work right now and it feels wonderful.
I am also open to hearing God these days.. well, I always am (or at least say I am), but I mean I am listening closely. I need to calm down and trust God to guide me, and to do either of those things, I need to be open to hearing God. Because hearing God does not always mean I will hear what i want to hear. Hearing God means truly listening to the direction I am called to go in on any project, situation, charity, commitment, etc.
I had a new kitten for a few days. A member who lives across the street from me had three abandoned at her house and I said I would take one. I had been thinking about having another cat for Pumpkin to keep company, but this proved not simple as I had to keep the two cats separate for 60 days (vaccination issues). And I realized Pumpkin is not at all the same level as a kitten; kittens needs socialization and attention, and I am rarely home. Anyway, I gave the kitten to a church family with 5 boys! I had named her Lillie, but they renamed her Toady!
Anyway, what is God saying to you these days? To me? I think God is saying, "It's okay to follow your heart and speak up - your heart is good, so speak it." You?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I LOVE this post! It speaks so much to what I have experienced these past years in ministry. I happy that you and I have found our niche for now and will continue to be open to God's call in our lives!