Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Short Break at Last

So, tonight was the first night in over a month that I have had at home. It was a long day with two funerals but I was home at 6pm and in my pajamas at 6:05pm. Today, I realized a few things:
1. Sometimes we say "yes" to things others think we should say "no" too, simply because we must. And others will never understand the reason.
2. When you least expect it, you get a much needed email of encouragement from a favorite colleague.
3. When you think someone plays you.. they pobably do.
4. When you think someone cares about you.. your probably right.
5. Doing funerals are amongst my greatest joys in ministry, but also what makes me the most tired.
6. Family is truly important. Take the time it takes to connect with them. And let them know how you feel and what you need from them. It works, maybe not right away, but it works.

No comments: