Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tears & Rain

Okay, so I'm on an emotional roller coaster this week and I want off - but the stupid man operating the controls just laughs at me! How's that for an image? Usually, I am very content and at peace with my life and its singleness. I know myself well enough to know that I like things certain ways, I love my work and feel married to it, and that maybe being single is best for my life path - but these days I just don't like it. I have some close guy friends (all married) and I've been hanging around them a lot lately and feeling like, "hey, this sucks, I want more than friendships."
It doesn't help that I'm also preparing to do yet another friends wedding this weekend. I just have a heavy heart, that's all. Last night I called a good friend of mine and she did a great job of listening, affirming, and allowing God to speak through her. So, I feel much better - but until this wedding is over with I don't think i will be back to normal. It's raining today and its actually very symbolic and comforting to me.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh Kim! I'll keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine what a chanllenge it is to date AND be a minister. I usually don't say this but.. have you tried one of those dating websites? I'm usually skeptical of them but it seems like a good idea for people who don't want to go "out" and all the cards are laid on the table.